Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One of many catch-up posts

My grandpa turned 80 in May and my family threw a big party for him about a week ago. Due to higher fuel prices and flooding where a lot of them live, it was much smaller than originally expected but it was nice to see those that were able to make it.

This is my grandpa. I love this look. It's a mixture of pride and love as he watches the grandkids play. There's a slight smile at the corners of his mouth and his hair is unruly.

I've always wanted to try this effect on a photo. It's almost vintage looking and it really emphasizes the toll that years of hardship and physical labor have taken. He recently has had a lot of health problems that no longer allow him to work and that has been very hard on him.
And I had to throw in a photo of Collin saying his favorite word, "Ohhh". It reminds me of those martians on Toy Story. Also, look how orange he is! Big reason to lay off orange foods before portraits. And this was after a couple days of no orange foods, he was way oranger before (think oompa loompa)!

1 comment:

Julie Cook Portraits said...

that is too cute! LVOE the big O!